October 2008 - September 2012
- University of Strathclyde
- University of St. Andrews
- Imperial College London
The Hypix project, running from October 2008 to September 2012, aims to develop hybrid GaN / organic optoelectronics and photonic integrated circuits and to interface these to CMOS.
Its primary focus areas are:
- Organic semiconductor lasers and optical amplifiers
- Micro pixellated gallium nitride optoelectronics
- CMOS electronics and on-chip photodetection
- Soft lithography, including dip pen nanolithography, inkjet printing and nanoimprinting
- Digital optical chemsitry
The project is a partnership between 5 research groups at 4 institutions. It is led by Professor M.D.Dawson of the University of Strathclyde and mentored by Profersor P.Blood of Cardiff University.